Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 20 of the Dolce Diet Experiment

Day 20 went routinely although I missed my workout tonight.  Kickboxing was cancelled due to the East Coast ice storm and then I couldn't even work out at home as my youngest child decided to get an ear infection.  So off I went to the doctors with her in the middle of the ice storm.  I am home now, but too exhausted from the stressful drive to workout.  I am holding at 14 pounds total weight loss with one day to go.

With one day to go I would have expected myself to be excited that it is almost over, but I am not.  Tomorrow will be just another day.  The day after will be weird as I stop following the specific plan.  But I don't envision abandoning everything I was doing for the past three weeks.  Sure, I will begin to have dinner with the family again, but my choices will be smarter.  What I have discovered is that the Dolce Diet is not really a "diet".  It is not a temporary torture period whereby you deprive your body of foods, loose some weight, then stop and gain it back.  I believe that this weight loss is permanent, as I have been given the tools to maintain it.  I have learned things and developed good habits that I will not stop despite the 21 days being over.  For this I am grateful.  Tomorrow will be my last day on the diet, but at the same time it won't really be over.     

Lesson learned on Day 20:  The Dolce Diet is not a diet.  It is a way of life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi FigtherGirl53,

    Congrats on your progress and success with the Dolce Diet. I just found your blog a couple of days ago and it’s been both inspirational and helpful.
    I was hoping that you could help me with some questions I have. I’ve been looking for info on the diet – just what types of food or types of restrictions. I’ve only seen people that say it works and nothing else about it or people that are totally against it – saying it’s only 20 pages with a lot of blank pages for a food log and you have to eat tons of salty food then cut out all salt to cut weight. Here’s a link - http://forums.mmajunkie.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32148 - maxtrainer about halfway down.

    Compared to what you did on your own to lose 25lbs, is the Dolce Diet worth it? I’ve also found this site - http://www.afightersdiet.com/ - that offers sample recipes, etc. – How does the DD compare?

    Sorry to ask so much, I know that you are a busy mother and have your own life. If you could answer and of these questions or at least point me in the right direction,
    I’d be very thankful.

    Thanks,
    dapasnapa@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been keeping up with your blog for about a week now. Keep up the hard work. Ive got the book and will start up very soon. You have motivated me even more than I have been. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete