Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 19 of the Dolce Diet Experiment

Day 19 was uneventful.  Total weight loss is holding at 13 pounds.  I will check again in the morning, but I don't expect much movement.  I was super tired today.  I was up all night with one child with a stomach virus and the other with a head cold.  Didn't get much sleep, so it was extra hard to run on a calorie deficiency today.  The last week of the Diet is tough as portions are cut down further to maximize the weight loss.  I didn't have it in me to maintain the cuts of week three.  So I went back to week two's menu.  In addition, I cheated a bit this afternoon and had some popcorn.  I needed it at the time, but it made me more tired and slowed my workout down this evening.  Its okay, I don't feel bad.  I learned awhile back that it is OK to slow down once in awhile - so I did.  I've got two more days to go and plan to resume the week three portions tomorrow after I get some much needed sleep tonight (I hope).

Despite being tired and slow today, I did feel different.  I know I look different.  Everyone can see it, my clothes are loose, but today I felt it.  I felt more solid and strong.  Everyone wants to be thin.  Me included.  However, what I learned is that there is a difference between thin and lean.  I am starting to feel comfortable in my own skin now.  This is how you are suppose to feel.  I want to maintain this feeling.  For this reason, I am really looking forward to Mike's new book Living Lean.   

Lesson learned on Day 19:  There is a difference between thin and lean.

No comments:

Post a Comment