Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 5 of the Dolce Diet Experiment

Well I am happy to say the I did not quit.  I woke up this morning still discouraged and convinced that I would be terribly disappointed at weigh-in, but I stepped on the scale anyway.  To my surprise I was down 2 lbs.  Okay....so I had a moment of weakness yesterday - it nearly got the best of me, but luckily I hung in there.  Don't get me wrong - I still want to quit.  There is something so easy about slipping back into old habits, but I re-promised myself that I would give this a valid try. 

Pleased with my progress and with new found faith in the Dolce Diet, I celebrated this small success with one of my free meals of the week and had a much needed comfort food - a chocolate chip muffin.  The better choice would have been a piece of pizza, or some steak or yolk in my eggs, but since I am still early in the process, I needed an old favorite (chocolate) to give me a much needed mental boost. I immediately got back on the diet confident that this can work and went about my day.  I am relieved to get back to work tomorrow as a 3 day weekend does not help a dieting person.  It is much better to be trapped in the office with no access to junk.  I am sure I will have a few more set-backs before the process is finished, but I know now that I can withstand them.  I have to keep reminding myself that  my original goal was not to loose 30 lbs in 3 weeks.  It was to feel better and develop some healthy habits.  If I loose some weight along the way then that is an added bonus. 

Lesson learned on day 5: My will to succeed is stronger than my desire to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment