Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 14 of the Dolce Diet Experiment

Day 14 was uneventful.  I have formed some good habits and they are now part of everyday.  At breakfast this morning, I realized after 2 weeks free of sweets, fats and chemicals, I no longer crave them and I have a new appreciation for the foods I do eat.  I never realized how good a glass of orange juice could taste.  Either I retrained my taste buds or I've gone nuts, but my juice was delicious this morning.  Now this was not fresh squeezed OJ just picked from a Florida grove - it was Tropicana from the supermarket. The natural sugars of the juice are really much better than any high fructose drink I can think of.  Versus white bread, whole grain breads have great textures especially when they are baked this flax seeds or oatmeal.  And who new I would love raw spinach so much.  I have eaten more spinach in these past two weeks than I have my entire life.  That is sad.  These are some of my new favorite things. 

Everywhere I go, I now notice the food choices of other people.  I noticed at work that one of the people that made fun of the Diet was eating a Lean Cuisine meal.  Honestly, it was a tiny portion, smelled gross and came packaged with a million preservatives - not to mention it was run through the microwave.  She looked miserable eating it, but I didn't say a word.  My lunch, which comprised of a spinach salad with chicken grilled with onions and a few hot cherry peppers, was about triple the amount of food and tasted fantastic.  I actually got compliments from people when they smelled the chicken being heated and when they saw the vibrant colors of my lunch.  The person that mocked me seems to have gained the 10 lbs that I lost and is tyring to lose the weight with silly prepackaged diet meals.  The best part was that 30 minutes later when I walked by I saw that Lean Cuisine meal being chase with TWO pieces of pizza.  That was awesome!  Not only was that crap consumed in an effort to loose weight, but it was so unsatisfying she ended up eating two slices of pizza anyway.  So all that diet meal did was add to her calorie intake.

Mike Dolce has made me realize that for true permanent weight loss there are no secret pills, or meal replacements shake or pre-package home delivered dinners than can compare to the results of balanced nutrition.  Really it is common sense. Unprocessed, raw wholesome foods free of chemicals and preservatives are the way to go.  Couple that with just a little physical activity and Voila.  That's the magic people are look for - but it has been there in front of them all along.

Less learned on Day 14:  Common Sense: Nothing compares to balanced nutrition for good health and weight management.

No comments:

Post a Comment