Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 8 of the Dolce Diet Experiement

Day 8 - humming along.  Down another pound this morning.  This is real weight loss - not water!  I am drinking so much water that it is impossible for me to be dehydrated!  I am working out harder everyday.  I am sore at night, but my recovery time seems to be half of what it used to be.  Before, after a tough day of training, I would be sore for two days.  Now, I go to bed sore and tired, and wake up pain free and rejuvenated.  Also, not sure if it is my imagination, but my muscles are building faster.  The right balance of nutrients are feeding everything perfectly.  Best part about the diet is I no longer dread meals.  In the beginning, I would start thinking ahead to what I had to eat for dinner and how I would be disappointed and long for something else.  Not anymore.  My body now wants the fuel.  I don't really crave crap anymore.  I look forward to the rush of energy the food combos give me.  That rush is so much more powerful than the pleasure of one taste or flavor.  I am becoming more and more organized and I stick to a schedule. 

I also now focus on small goals-one thing at a time.  I no longer obsess about what is waiting for me ahead.  The end is not the primary objective - I now focus on the journey.  If I keep focusing on the next step rather than step 472 then everything becomes simple.  Everyday I manage to these small goals.  Today I went running for the first time in a long time.  I had become addicted to kickboxing and the elliptical machine so, running was never on the agenda.  So having not done it in awhile I was not sure what I could do.  I know I have good stamina as I survive my kickboxing trainer who takes me past the point of exhaustion.  However, I make it because he is forcing me, pushing me, encouraging me, not letting me quit. Here I was on my own.  I am not normally good at pushing myself.  I made a best guess at how far I thought I could go, then set my goal.  My goal was to go an extra mile longer than I thought I could go - push through the pain on my own.  I did it!  One mile at a time.  I didn't focus on the total that I needed to go, I just took one step at a time.  Strangely, I was stronger and faster than I thought I would be and although tired, I reached my goal of an extra mile.  I am learning not to be so hard on myself.  Learning not to make a huge insurmountable task as my goal.  My goal is not to lose 30 lbs in 3 weeks.  I have said that from the beginning, but in the back of my head, I stressed about it.  Worried about what failure would do.  But now I can really say that it is not my goal.  I have little daily goals and the weight loss will come on its own as a result of the accomplishment of all the little goals.


Lesson learned on Day 8:  Set small attainable goals for yourself - you are sure to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment