Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 6 of the Dolce Diet Experiment

Day 6 was good, but not without challenges.  I usually find being at work is easier than being at home, as I am not surrounded by foods that I shouldn't be eating.  However, today I had an all day meeting for which lunch was brought in.  Lunch actually arrived 30 minutes before the break and was set up in the boardroom with us.  Of all things...Pizza.  Honestly couldn't they have ordered tuna sandwiches or chicken salad.  Anything other than pizza.  Pizza and I recently broke up and I really wasn't ready to face it just yet.  So there I was trying to focus on the presentation the whole time smelling temptation.  I spent those next 30 minutes mentally rationalizing why it would be OK for me to have some. 

I decided that I deserved a treat and promised myself I would have just one slice.  The meeting broke and I happily went over to the lunch spread.  At the last moment, I thought "why do I deserve a treat?" 2 lbs? Is that what I am celebrating?  What the hell was I thinking - that does not warrant a reward, plus I already celebrated with a chocolate chip muffin yesterday.  I was falling back into old habits.  I thought about the promise I made to myself, grabbed a bottle of water, went downstairs to my desk and took out the lunch from home that I had prepared.  Really, is a slice of pizza worth giving up all my hard work?  I ended up eating my homemade lunch at my desk, while the others socialized in the boardroom.  I removed myself from the temptation and remained Dolce Diet complaint.  I was pleased with my decision and rejoined the group after lunch.  An assortment of cookies and sweets were brought in later in the afternoon, but I ran downstairs, under the guise of a bathroom break and inhaled the snack that I packed.  I returned to the meeting unaffected by cookies.

I am getting a little better at resisting temptation.  I am hoping that at some point I won't be affected by them at all, but until then......Lesson learned on Day 6: Remove yourself from temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment