Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 7 of the Dolce Diet Experiment

Thank you Mike Dolce!!!  Day 7 of the Dolce Diet and I am down 6 lbs.  Incredible! 6 lbs in 7 days.  I honestly never thought it possible - and really it was so easy.  Once I got past the emotional nonsense of the first few days, the rest has been a breeze.  Looking back, the pain of the first few days was certainly well worth these results!  No doubt I will be following this out for the next two weeks. 

Unfortunately from Day 1, I have been dealing with unsupportive people that tell me that I am being ridiculous, that the diet won't work and that I should quit.  Sadly some of these people are family and friends.  Aren't family and friends suppose to be supportive?  Aren't they suppose to encourage you and love you even when you fail.  They are not suppose to encourage you to quit and certainly not be happy when you hit rock bottom.  It has bothered me quite a bit this week and contributed to my desire to quit early on, but I am glad I did not listen to them and persevered.  I am my own worst enemy - I don't need any more foes.  Especially not people I trusted; people I thought loved me.  No matter - I am determined to prove everyone wrong.  Including myself, as in the beginning I was skeptical, and really I didn't think the Diet would actually work for me. 

Now that a week has passed and there has been noticeable differences, the remarks from these ignorant people have changed from "you're being ridiculous" and "the diet won't work" to "it's only water loss" and "the weight will come right back".  I can't understand. With the proof in front of them, they still don't want to 1) congratulate me 2) recognize that the diet works or 3) encourage me to keep up the good work.  Today I actually had someone say to me "oh, you're too good for lunch?" when I chose my home lunch over lunch provided by my office.  Hmmmmmm....well let's think about that.  If by lunch, you mean the Italian subs, chips, soda and cookies, then yes, I am too good for that.  Yes, I do deserve better than that. And yes I will eat better than that.  And if you all want to hate me for it, then go ahead.  Enjoy your artery clogging, cellulite forming lunches and your little jokes about my organic baby spinach, 'cause guess what?  It will get less and less funny each day that you see me improving.

Over the course of this past week I have learned to tune these people out. I have even stopped trying to educate them on the important lessons I am taking away from this experience.  They want to know my "secret" - like I found some magic weight loss pill or some dumb infomercial piece of equipemnt.  They will not except the answer of balanced nutrition and good old fashion sweat.  No matter what I say they aren't going to hear me - they are only go to hate on me some more.  One of my favorite sayings has always been "you can fix ugly, you can fix fat, but you can't fix stupid".  And stupid is what these people are being.  So, now I just laugh off what the french fry eating, donut gulping haters say.  As a matter of fact, I use it as fuel to my fire.  It makes me work even harder, as I know my success is eating them alive. 

Lesson learned on Day 7:  Dismiss all the haters - use their negativity as motivation to succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment