Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 12 of the Dolce Diet Experiment

Day 12: Recovered from the weekend's little faux pas, I am back on track with the Diet.  Although, I have to say that I am frustrated because my total weight loss is holding steady at 9 lbs.  I know that having a few drinks over the weekend could not possibly be the cause of the stall to my weight loss, as I worked out extra hard.  I thought I had been doing everything right, and then realized my mistake.  I have been skipping snacks recently in an effort to further reduce calorie in-take. MISTAKE.  My body went longer in between meals, which I believe caused my metabolism to slow down.  Not only have I been giving my body less calories and burning energy at a high rate from the Diet, but now I was starving it of its periodic snacks that stimulated my metabolic rate.  Therefore in order to protect itself, my body began conserving what it could.  Hence my plateau.  Dumb!  I thought I was being smart about skipping the snacks, but it has screwed me up. 

I will have to jump start my weight loss again.  I will have to lower my overall calorie in-take again, but must keep eating every few hours to stimulate my metabolism.  That should create an energy imbalance and the pounds should start coming off again.  I am not despairing yet, as I think I understand the reason for this problem and am prepared to correct it. 

I am a little over half way through the diet.  If I can loose another 9 lbs that would total near 20 lbs.  I never expected to loose 30 lbs, so if I came in somewhere between 15 lbs and 20 lbs of "real" weight loss, I will be very please with myself. 

Lesson learned on Day 12:  Avoid plateaus by stimulating metabolism every few hours.  Do not let your body starve because it will protect itself by storing whatever it can.

No comments:

Post a Comment