Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 1 of the Dolce Experiment

Got up early and began learning my new routine.  Things were a little crazy first thing this morning as I am a working mom of three.  Had to get up earlier than normal, but once I got moving everything fell into place. It actually felt nice to do something for myself for a change rather than taking care of everyone else and being left with no time for me.  So there I was alone and happily enjoying breakfast.  I packed up my lunch and snacks threw my book in my bag and continued on with my day.  The morning went along surprising well.  By going to bed early and having breakfast I was already off to a good start.  Now I had already prepared people I knew that I was starting a new diet and asked that they cut me a break if I was a little more grumpy than normal.  Diets always make you miserable and grumpy-especially on the first day. 

At work, I found myself remaining calm despite the crappy day I was having and I was extremely focused.  Was it the new diet or was it all in my head?  Friends think it was in my head, but I remained convinced it was the new combination of foods that I was eating. 

The day went on fine, although I had to watch the clock alot as I am not used to paying attention to the times at which I eat.  Got through dinner and then began feeling a bit sick.  Not sure if it was the new foods, my body missing the old foods, stress from the idea of being on a diet or just a detox from a day of cleansing.  I laid down for awhile worrying if I was going to be able to get through kickboxing later in the evening.  I rested for awhile and went off to class.  Shockingly, I have never felt so good in class.  Either the trainer was going easy on me, or the diet was really helping my performance.  Even now as I sit here, my muscles are not aching.  Everything feels good.  I pulled through class with no problems and even felt like I could go on for another hour or so. 

I would categorize Day 1 as a success.  I learned today that change is not as hard as I thought it was.  I will sleep good tonight and start again fresh tomorrow. Although I am left with the feeling that pain is coming.  I dread the physical, emotional and mental pain that is coming as the first few days pass.  So long as I can pull through the weekend without slipping, I think this will be successful.  With my trainer working my body from the outside-in and the Dolce Diet working my body from the inside-out; I can't fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment