Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 10 of the Dolce Diet Experiment

 OK..... so Day 10 started great, but ended badly.   I swore when I started this blog that I would be honest about my actions and results, so that any regular, everyday person wanting to try the Diet would know the real challenges ahead when attempting it.  I am sorry to say that I succumbed to the the urge to have a drink.  OK not just one drink, but a few.  I didn't finish the bottle if that is any consolation, but 1 drink turned into 2 and so on...... I am actually having a glass as I write this post.  Anyway, I was smart enough not to have beer.  Once the decision was made to give in, the battle became the decision between Goose (my old love) straight up or a glass of wine.  The Goose would obviously make me feel the best, the quickest, but the wine could be savored over time.  So as not to have sex with an ex, I avoided the Goose and went with the wine.  I knew I was doing something wrong, I looked everywhere for some support to do the right thing, but I am surrounded by unsupportive people. 

Sometimes our sense can influences the strongest minds to do the wrong thing.  I was cooking dinner for the family, Ultimate Submissions was on the TV, favorite songs were playing, I couldn't stay strong.  I feel a little guilty...well a lot guilty, but then again I promised I would not beat myself up over falters.  I blasted a tweet looking for anyone to say "stay strong-don't do it" but it never came.  So, since I am my own worst enemy.... I caved.  Trying to find the positive in the situation, I can say that although I caved on the alcohol, I stayed strong on the food.  I did not eat any crap!  Didn't even cross my mind. 

The only good thing I can say is that not having drank for awhile and weighing a lot less than the last time I drank heavy - I got buzzed faster.  That's a good thing - less calories for me to consume.  Anyway, I apologize to the Diet for the violation, but the offense was really against myself.  I have taken one step backwards, but will try to make it up tomorrow and take two steps forward.  I will double my workout time - do one in the morning and one in the evening. 

As I began writing this post, I was upset with myself, but now that I finish I am not really upset.  I was hoping Mike Dolce would blast out a tweet saying "No Fightergirl53 don't do it".  But that never came and since I am human, it happened.  Think about all the professional athletes that do the Diet. They have people cooking their meals, they have Mike Dolce himself there for them - coaching them all the way.  I am here, 30 something years old, with three kids, mountains of laundry, dishes, the stresses of everyday life and no one to say "stay strong".  I'm human and won't be sorry for that.  What I will do.....is come back stronger tomorrow.    

Lesson learned on Day 10: No matter how strong you think you've become, you still have weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment