Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 4 of the Dolce Diet Experiment

How to sum up day 4: Discouraged..... I am convinced that things don't work universally for everyone no matter how good the plan may be.  The plan seems perfect, but why do I feel like it is not working?  Before I ventured into this experiment I watched what I ate and exercised regularly - I was doing just fine.  I watched what I ate, but didn't deprive myself of anything.  I ate my favorite things (in moderation of course) and indulge in alcohol and sweets when the urge struck.  I certainly wasn't gaining weight & actually dropped a pound or two here and there.  I thought if I committed to this plan it would jump start me in getting off the last few pounds I wanted to loose.  For four full days I have stuck to the plan and increased the number of days that I exercise, yet I feel heavier.  I certainly don't look any lighter and I don't feel any different.  My plan is to get on the scale in the morning, but I have to say that I am not optimistic.

From what I read, people are posting typical results ranging from 5-7 pounds of weight loss in the first 10 days.  That is at a minimum 1/2 per day.  If that is the case, I should be down 2 lbs.  Tomorrow morning will be the test, but I am afraid that if I have not lost any weight or heaven forbid have gained weight (which I suspect - a woman knows her own body), I may not have the strength to continue.  Why torture myself for nothing especially since I was doing just fine before the diet.  I want to give it a valid attempt, but I also don't need any unnecessary stress in my life.  Tomorrow will be the test.

Lesson Learned on Day 4: Don't judge yourself by other's results.

No comments:

Post a Comment