Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 3 of the Dolce Diet Experiment

Day 3 is almost over - I just have a workout and snack to go.  Things are much better today.  I stayed on top of the meals and eliminated a snack. On the weekends, I sleep later so my meals are bunched closer together.  No need to add calories at snack time when I am not hungry.  I am feeling good physically, but  am definitely short tempered today.  I nearly snapped in a parking lot this afternoon when some ignorant, entitled, snot of a woman started honking her horn.  I am normally hot headed, but today I needed every once of control not to put the car in park, get out and set her straight.  I am obviously not eating the comfort foods that I once relied upon as stress reliever and am still at the point where I would kill for a piece of chocolate.  I just saw a Kit Kat commercial and had to shut the TV off and come upstairs.  We have some in the house so I didn't need any added encouragement to have one!  It is sad when you realize that food can have that kind of power over you.  I am actually embarrassed that that feel like chocolate can make me feel better.  I am hoping the desire for these types of treats dwindles as the days go by.

I have been fearing the weekend and today turn out to be a big test, which I am proud to say that I passed.  Breakfast is big in my house.  On the weekends I make breakfast for everyone and we sit around in our pj's enjoy a lazy morning.  Today was bacon and homemade waffles.  To my surprise I did not sneak one piece-even when no one was looking.  I made every one's breakfast first and when they were busy eating I prepared mine.  They were finished by the time I sat down to eat and I was left alone with the left overs.  I did not feel the urge to take any, which was surprising to me.  Cravings are getting easier, but are definitely not gone.

I have not gotten on the scale yet.  I'm afraid, as I actually feel heavier.  Other people tell me that they would be on the scale everyday.  I am nervous that if I get on the scale and have not made any progress that the discouragement will be too much to handle and I will quit.  So to prevent an early forfeit, I am going to postpone a weigh in for a few more days.  Once I am feeling less vulnerable to quitting, I will weigh in. 

Lesson learned on Day 3:  Food is fuel for the body not an emotional crutch.  This is a hard lesson to learn, as I still feel like a beer and some nachos would make me happy.  The only good thing is I realize now that I do rely on food emotionally and I am gaining the power to stop.    

No comments:

Post a Comment